CONWAY, Mass. (WWLP) - Six people are temporarily homeless Sunday night after a fire at a multi-family home in Conway.
It happened at around 5:30 Sunday on 86 Main Street.
Conway Fire Chief Robert Baker told 22News that grease on a stove caught fire and gutted a kitchen in one of the apartments.
The woman inside was able to control the flames with a fire extinguisher until the fire department arrived.
She was treated for inhaling some smoke, but was not badly hurt.
Chief Baker said the three families are all staying with friends.