COLRAIN, Mass. (WWLP) - A brush fire in the Franklin County town of Colrain charred more than an acre in the woods Wednesday.
Fire Chief Nicholas Anzouni told 22News no one did anything wrong to cause the fire. The owner of the property where the fire started had a burning permit.
Chief Anzuoni told 22News, "Wind came up this morning (Wednesday), took a few embers off the pile, they couldn't keep up with a garden hose. It started moving up the hill as conditions got a little warmer a little dryer."
The fire department quickly put a stop to issuing anymore burning permits for the rest of the day.