SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Two men are dead and one woman is hospitalized after what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning.
Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner Denis Leger told 22News at 7:15PM Sunday night, they were called to a home at 6 Corcoran Boulevard in Springfield for a report of a gas leak.
Inside the home they discovered very high levels of carbon monoxide gas.
Springfield Police Captain Cheryl Claprood told 22News a gas powered generator was running inside the home and was not properly ventilated.
Claprood said the home was changing ownership and being renovated. It did not have any power, but did have working carbon monoxide detectors.
The Fire Department has vented the gas out of the house and there is no threat to nearby residents.
The woman was brought to Baystate Medical Center. Her condition is unknown.
The Springfield Police Department is investigating.
Stay with 22News on the air and online for developing information.