WESTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) - A fire in Westhampton made a family of four temporarily homeless.
It happened at 105 Reservoir Road at around 12:30 Sunday afternoon.
Fire Chief Chris Norris told 22News the man inside the home was sleeping with a fire in the fireplace when he woken up by his smoke detectors.
He was able to make out safely.
The fire somehow got into the walls of the home.
The family of four includes two kids they'll eventually be able to move back into the home.
Chief Norris told 22News it's a fire that could have been a lot less damaging, had the home been equipped with residential sprinklers.