SPRIGNFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - A house fire at 98 Pendleton Avenue in Springfield left one family homeless.
It started just before 10 o'clock Saturday night. Aide to the Fire Commissioner Denis Leger told 22News that a woman was sitting on the coach in her living room when she heard a popping noise.
She noticed that the cord going to her space heater caught on fire. Leger said she tried to put it out but the flames just got bigger.
She lives in the home with her husband and a couple pets but she was the only one home at the time. No one was hurt.