CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) - Thousands of people across western Massachusetts are still without power, and the effort to get it back for everyone will still take until the weekend.
Hundreds of crews are out across western Massachusetts, trying to restore power to the more than 65,000 customers without power.
- As of 2:00 Friday afternoon, Western Massachusetts Electric Company reported 43,098 customers without power, or 20% of their customers. Substantial outages remain in Longmeadow, Southampton, Southwick, and West Springfield. 39% of Springfield is still without electricity.
- National Grid is reporting 22,507 outages in Franklin, Hampden, and Hampshire counties, with significant outages in Belchertown, Brimfield, East Longmeadow, Hampden, Monson, Wales, Ware, and Wilbraham. The company expects to restore power to most customers by Friday night.
- Westfield Gas & Electric 1,200 customers still without power. The company is continuing to update customers on street-by-street restoration progress on their Facebook page.
- Holyoke Gas & Electric has restored power to much of the city, only 5% is still without power.
- Chicopee Electric Light Less than 1% still without power. Those who do not need wires reattached to their home should expect power to be restored by Friday.
- South Hadley Electric Light Department power has been restored to the main electrical system. Crews are now working on individual house services that were damaged during the storm. They will continue their restoration efforts until all customers have their electricity restored.