CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) - Chicopee fire fighters don't know what started a fire that damaged a house at 150 Manning Street Tuesday afternoon.
Acting Deputy Wayne Lemay told 22News the fire started on the outside of the house near a fireplace and burned through the wall into a rear bedroom.
No one was home, and a dog, a black lab, was safely rescued from the cellar.
Deputy Lemay said the State Fire Marshal was called, and State Troopers from his office will help with the investigation on Wednesday.