WILBRAHAM, Mass. (WWLP) - A 21 year-old woman was taken to the hospital after a fire on 28 Hemingway Road in Wilbraham, early Monday morning.
Firefighters were called to the home at 4:10 AM. Fire Captain David Bourcier told 22News that the fire was caused by a candle that was left burning in one of the bedrooms on the second floor. It's believed the young woman fell asleep and forgot to put it out.
A total of four people were in the house at the time. They were all able to escape, however the 21 year-old suffered from minor burns and was taken to Wing Memorial Hospital in Palmer. She is expected to be okay.
Mutual aid was called-in from Three Rivers and Ludlow to help fight the fire; and East Longmeadow Fire helped cover the Wilbraham Fire station.