WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Polls have closed in the special Massachusetts Senate election primary, as five candidates await results of who will move on to the June 25 general election.
Turnout was expected to be light, Secretary of State William Galvin says he's expecting about 750,000 people--out of 4 million eligible voters--to cast their vote in this election. That's less than 20%.
Two Democrats and three Republicans appeared on Tuesday's ballot.
- Congressman Edward Markey of Malden
- Congressman Stephen Lynch of Boston
- Former U.S. Attorney Michael Sullivan of Abington
- State Rep. Daniel Winslow of Norfolk
- Businessman Gabriel Gomez of Cohasset
Stay with 22News and WWLP.com through the night for the latest results.