PALMER, Mass. (WWLP) - A Palmer couple is now out of Wing Memorial Hospital, where they were treated for burns and smoke in their lungs.
Fire destroyed their mobile home at 249 Ware Street Saturday night.
Palmer Fire Chief Alan Roy told 22News that the couple was awake when they heard the smoke detector go off, and they were able to get out of the house when the electrical fire began in a rear bedroom.
The Pioneer Valley Red Cross Disaster Relief Team stood by ready to help the couple with clothing, food and a temporary place to stay.