SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Legendary rock band Styx leaves a lasting impact on cities it tours in.
Styx is currently touring with Ted Nugent and REO Speedwagon.
Styx founded Rock to the Rescue , which is run by guitarist Tommy Shaw's daughter Hannah, to aid causes in cities it tours in.
The tour stopped in Springfield Tuesday night at the Mass Mutual Center, and chose the Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society.
"We were so impressed by the work that Dakin is doing. I actually had the honor of going there today and getting a tour of their facility, and it's really beautiful what they're doing," Executive Director of Rock to the Rescue Hannah Shaw said.
"The proceeds will go to benefit our general funds so that we will be able to use that money for the needs of our adoption center," Candy Lash of the Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society said.
The singers will autograph guitars to raffle off, with 75 percent of funds helping victims of the Boston marathon bombings, and the other 25 percent aiding local charities in each city.