BELCHERTOWN, Mass. (WWLP) - A fire in Belchertown sent a family out into the cold on Sunday night.
The fire started around 5:45 Sunday night in a home at 621 Franklin Street.
Fire Captain John Workman told 22News that it appears it was a chimney fire, although it's still being investigated.
Captain Workman didn't know exactly how many people were left temporarily homeless by the fire -but he did say they declined assistance from the Red Cross and are staying with either family or friends.
Palmer and Amherst assisted in fighting the fire.