BOSTON (MassDOT) - The Mass. Department of Transportation is informing residents of upcoming E-ZPass sign up sessions with the return of tolls on the Mass. Turnpike beginning on Oct. 15th between Interchanges 1 and 6.
The E-ZPass Street Team will be enrolling new customers in the E-ZPass program throughout the region over the next month. E-ZPass is free to join and customers receive a transponder onsite.
E-ZPass, formerly FastLane, customers proceed through the dedicated E-ZPass lanes at the toll plaza without stopping because the toll is collected electronically through the use of a transponder attached to the windshield.
Those E-ZPass customers with an orange Interchange 1-6 transponder may stop by one of the sign up sessions to exchange that device as it will no longer work after October 15.
Since June, more than 45,000 E-ZPass accounts have been opened and more than 60,000 transponders have been issued.
In addition to the sign up sessions listed below, you may also join E-ZPass online, Mass.gov/EZPassMA or by phone, 877-627-7745. Transponders are also available at Registry of Motor Vehicle branches and from AAA.
Sign up sessions will be:
- Saturday, September 28th - Big Y, 441 N Main St., East Longmeadow (10:00AM – 3:00PM)
- Wednesday, Oct. 2nd - Holyoke Mall at Ingleside, 50 Holyoke St., Holyoke (10:00AM – 3:00PM)
- Saturday, October 5th - Big Y, 44 Willimansett St., South Hadley (10:00AM – 3:00PM)
- Wednesday October 9th - Big Y, 475 East Main St., Westfield (10:00AM – 3:00PM)
- Saturday, October 12th - Big Y, 300 Cooley St., Springfield (10:00AM – 3:00PM)
- Wednesday, October 16th - Big Y, 1090 St. James Ave., Springfield (10:00AM – 3:00PM)
- Saturday, October 19th - Big Y, 433 Center St., Ludlow (10:00AM – 3:00PM)
- Wednesday, October 23 - Big Y, 2035 Boston Rd, Wilbraham (10:00AM – 3:00PM)
Copyright Mass. Department of Transportation