SAND LAKE, Mich. (WOOD) - A cat named Shimmy was euthanized by mistake July 26 at a northern Kent County veterinary office.
Shimmy's owner is devastated. She says it's like losing a member of the family and that the accidental euthanization should never have happened.
And while it won't bring her cat back, the people who run the vets clinic feel awful, too. They admit a mistake was made and are already changing procedures to prevent something like this from happening again.
Shimmy was a 6-year-old outdoor cat, according to his owners. When the cat started losing weight and refused to go outside, his owners called Sand Lake Veterinary Services to have him checked out. They explained Shimmy was hard to handle and were told that wasn't a problem, and that he would be given a mild sedative before the exam.
Read More: http://bit.ly/17R4f3s