SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - High temperatures are here, and as the hot weather continues, some western Massachusetts communities are providing some free relief from the heat.
The City of Springfield has announced the opening of several cooling centers.
Here are their hours and locations:
Tuesday, June 25
- Mason Square Senior Center, 439 Union Street, open 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Brightwood Library, 359 Plainfield Street, open 10:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Forest Park Library, 380 Belmont Avenue, open 10:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Liberty Library, 773 Liberty Street, open 1:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
- Sixteen Acres Library, 1187 Parker Street, open 1:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
Wednesday, June 26
- Riverview Senior Center, 122 Clyde Street, open 7:30 A.M.-6:00 P.M.
- East Forest Park Library, 122 Island Pond Road, open 1:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
- East Springfield Library, 21 Osborne Terrace, open 1:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
- Indian Orchard Library, 44 Oak Street, open 1:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
- Mason Square Library, 765 State Street, open 10:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Pine Point Library, 204 Boston Road, open 1:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
Outside of Springfield, the following cooling centers will also be open:
- Agawam: Senior Center, 954 Main Street, will be open until 9:00 P.M.
- South Deerfield: South County Senior Center, 67 Main Street, open Tues. 12:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M.
- West Springfield: The Senior Center, 128 Park Street Tues. and Wed. 8:00 A.M.- 4:30 P.M., Thurs. open until 8:00 P.M.
- Also in West Springfield: The West Springfield Public Library, 200 Park St. Mon. - Thur. 9:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M.