CNN - (CNNMoney) – CoverGirl just hired its first cover boy.
James Charles, a 17-year-old with a massive following on Instagram, just became the brand's first male ambassador — marking a bold move for one of the cosmetics industry's biggest players.
CoverGirl — which is owned by Coty Inc. (COTY) — and Charles announced the new agreement on social media, along with pop star Katy Perry, who recently posed alongside Charles in a CoverGirl photoshoot.
In its tweeted announcement, CoverGirl introduced James as a "makeup artist, boundary breaker, and the newest COVERGIRL! #COVERGIRLJames."
Charles will also star in an upcoming TV ad for the brand, according to his Instagram post.
THE SECRETS OUT.. so beyond excited to finally announce that I am the new face of #COVERGIRL and the first ever coverBOY. 😱 I am so thankful and excited and cannot wait to show you all what we have in store. Make sure you go check out @covergirl on Instagram for more info! AND YES I know I have lipstick on my teeth 😬😂 it was a looonnnnggg day.
- Petition started to get Cardi B to visit immigrant taking sanctuary at Amherst church
- Maine sheriff's deputy shot and killed; Police searching for suspect
- Brynn Cartelli of Longmeadow safe for another week on NBC's 'The Voice'
- Changes to Springfield water permit could increase monthly bill for customers
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Former police officer named as serial killer
- Gronk will return for Patriots 2018 season
- Uranus smells like farts and rotten eggs, according to Oxford researchers
- 13 semi-trucks line roadway to help man considering suicide