Family members of Keegan Covington told KTAB and KRBC both of his lungs were punctured and he sustained multiple fractures when the gun fired. He is currently stable but remains in critical/serious condition at Covenant Pediatric ICU in Lubbock.
Covington was staying with a friend when the incident occurred. Family members say the adult responsible thought the gun was unloaded.
A GoFundMe page has been established for anyone who wishes to leave a donation for Covington's family.
KTAB and KRBC are working to get more information about the incident from the Fisher County Sheriff's Office.
- Unwanted calls, text messages among top complaints filed with FCC
- D.A., police face off for a cause in Wiffle Ball tournament
- Cars speeding on Page Blvd. in Springfield a continuing problem for area residents
- Pioneer Valley USO holds comedy night at Log Cabin in Holyoke
- Overnight closures, cancellations on I-91 in Springfield Friday
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Justices adopt digital-age privacy rules to track cellphones
- Ex-New England Mafia boss ‘Cadillac Frank' guilty in slaying
- Vikings host NFL's first LGBTQ summit
- Driver 'distracted' in fatal autonomous Uber crash