HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) - Holyoke St. Patrick's Day Parade - #Parade413
This western Massachusetts tradition will step off late Sunday morning, with thousands of people along the route from Northampton Street to High Street.
- ROAD CLOSURES: Road closures begin around 11:00 a.m. Massachusetts State Police MAY close I-91 Exits 15 or 16 if determined necessary.
- PARKING: Parking will be available in the municipal lots downtown on Suffolk and Dwight Streets for $5. There are also spots to park on the side streets along the parade route, but no parking is allowed along the parade route.
- THE PARADE steps off at 11:30 from the KMart Plaza on Route 5, and organizers say it can take up to three hours from the start of the parade until you see the last of the marching contingents.
The parade route runs north on Northampton Street to Beech Street --> east on Beech Street to Appleton Street --> southeast on Appleton to High Street --> north on High Street to Hampden Street.
22News will be marching in the parade. Be on the lookout for your favorite reporter, anchor, or meteorologist!
Don't forget to send your parade photos to ReportIt@wwlp.com!
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- East Longmeadow Police seeking identity of man in video
- Local high school seniors take part in all-star basketball game
- Glow in the Dark Charity Boot Camp raises money for the Herren Project
- Hotel, indoor skydiving coming to downtown Springfield
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- High schools and colleges seeing an increase in e-sport clubs
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments
- Jimmy Carter's new milestone: Longest-lived US president
- Parkland school shooting survivor takes her own life