EASTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) - The Easthampton Department of Public Works has ended the water use restriction for users of the public water supply.
According to a news release, they ask that users continue to be mindful of non-essential water consumption and may need to implement another restriction later this summer.
According to a news release, the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) requires restrictions to be implemented during the months of May through September when certain criteria are met.
MassDEP requires that a water use restriction be implemented when stream-flow in the Connecticut River drops below a certain quantity of flow for a 3-day period.
- Major street flooding in Westfield caused by Tuesday's heavy rain
- Mass notifications sent out Tuesday by National Weather Service for severe weather
- Lightning strikes tree, metal fence carries charge to Wilbraham home causing fire damage
- Westover sees huge dip in attendance at 2018 air and space show
Copyright 2018 Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Lab-grown meat could be in restaurants in 3 years
- Arrest brings Texas killing spree to end
- Boy left behind at summer camp suffers heat exhaustion
- Alabama man walked 20 miles to work given boss' car