CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – While the holidays are a time for festivities and fun with family and friends, they can take a turn for the worst for your pets! 22News is working for you with how to keep this time merry and bright for your four legged friends.
The ASPCA is reminding you to anchor your Christmas trees, avoiding possible injury to your pet. This will also keep the water from spilling, which might contain bacteria. Other pet-safe tips are:
- Mistletoe, holly and tinsel can also be very harmful.
- Keep wires, batteries and ornaments out of paw’s reach.
- Skip the sweets, leave the leftovers for humans and be careful with cocktails.
- Place house rules for your guests to help your pet slowly adjust to the amount of people in your home.
- Leave a room for your pet only to be in their own quiet space.