Local

Fire on St. James Ave. in Springfield

The Red Cross is assisting the three residents who lived there

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Springfield firefighters extinguished a fire at a home Saturday morning.

Firefighters were called to 1179 St. James Ave. just before 9 a.m. for a fire in an attached garage. The fire was extinguished quickly, causing less that $25,000 in damage. No one was injured in the fire.

The Red Cross is assisting the three residents who lived there.

The cause of the fire was later determined to be an overloaded electrical outlet.


Local News

World News

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

  • Text Alerts
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

    Text Alerts

    Get breaking news and weather alerts on your cell phone.

    Read More »
  • Email Alerts
    Copyright by WWLP - All rights reserved

    Email Alerts

    Sign up for Breaking News, Weather, Daily News, I-Team and Traffic Alerts emails from 22News.

    Read More »
  • Weather App
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

    Weather App

    The most powerful weather app in western Mass. with personal forecasts, alerts, and radar from the 22News Storm Team.

    Read More »

Latest News - Local

Video Center