Give the gift of relaxation this Valentine's Day!
We've got tips and techniques for an at-home massage with Leanne Sedlak is the Owner of SkinCatering Day Spa.
Study done by Northumbria University in England: Both partners saw improvement in physical & mental well-being, stress, mental clarity, mood, and relationship satisfaction after each massage session, and the effects remained even three weeks later (after the study).
Setting the ambiance:
- doesn't have to be the typical candles, music, or even in the bedroom
- What is important is that the distractions are minimized: phones on airplane mode, tv either off or volume low, and can simply be sitting on the couch.
Massage & Communication:
-create a really nice DIY massage oil at home (a few different types of oil found in your home already that are good)
- You don't have to have a professional degree to give a massage that your partner can appreciate.
- Appreciate the massage at home from your partner for what it is - a relaxing way to express love & gratitude. If you're expecting your partner to get all the knots out, your expectations need to be adjusted. They aren't a professional but they DO love you to pieces! Accept the moment as a relationship building time, and seek a professional massage therapist for the real work!
What to use for Massage at home:
- 'massage' doesn't have to be interpreted as full body massage! A foot massage with a sugar scrub can be just as effective. i'll show a quick DIY sugar scrub & hot towel idea that can be used. If you co-host is willing, I will actually perform a quick foot massage on him to show how it's done.
- hand lotion/body butter that is awesome for doing a hand massage and a technique that allows couples to do a really nice hand to hand massage while chatting about their day. "The Couples Pause" if you will.
As we prepare for the Daytona 500 this weekend, we wanted to take a look back at local auto racing in our area. Riverside Park Speedway was built in 1948 at Riverside Park, now the site of Six Flags New England. It would grow to attract the Northeast's best drivers. The track closed in 1999 to make room for Six Flags New England's new attractions.Read More »
Two DIY crafts for the whole family, from the Center for EcoTechnology!Read More »
School vacation week in the middle of winter can be tricky for parents! Stay active and busy all week long with fun, family activities at Yankee Candle Village in South Deerfield.Read More »