CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) -If you’re cooking a romantic dinner for two, forget all the muss and fuss and opt for a one-pot recipe! Cindy Barbieri from Cindy’s Table dot com joined us in the kitchen to show us how to make this delicious baked chicken dish.Baked Chicken with Kale and ArtichokesIngredients:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
2 pieces of chicken breast, sliced in half
1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more
1 can (14-ounces) quartered artichokes, drained
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, sliced into thin rounds
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cup fresh kale, chopped
½ cup low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
2 teaspoons capers, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350. Heat butter and olive oil in a large braising pan or large oven safe sauté pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Add to hot pan and brow; about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and tent on a plate with foil. Leave oil in pan.
3. Add artichokes, onions, carrots and garlic to the the pan and stir around. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add kale and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add chicken back into the pan and pour in the stock
5. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.Remove from oven toss in capers and let stand 5 minutes.