Ashley Tresoline, owner of Bella Foodie, taught us how to bake carrot cake donuts for National Carrot Day.
1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/3 cup raw sugar or coconut sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
2/3 cup nut milk of choice (I used Cashew)
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tbs. ground flax seed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup carrot, peeled and grated
(Optional: ¼ cup walnuts, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly spray donut pan with oil and set aside. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices. (ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.)
- In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients, coconut oil, flaxseeds, vanilla extract and nut milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until fully combined. Fold in the carrots and chopped walnuts if using.
- Scoop 2 tbs. of the mixture into each donut and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.