We celebrated National Carrot Day with Ashley Tresoline, owner of Bella Foodie, by making a vegetarian barbecue option, carrot dogs!
6 carrots, washed and peeled
2 tbs. Olive Oil
1 tbs. Tamari
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 ½ tsp. chipotle Powder
1 cup Ketchup
½ cup Vegan Mayo
Salt and Pepper
¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Trim ends from carrots to fit hot dog buns.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrots, and round edges to create a hot dog shape. Place oil, tamari, liquid smoke (if desired), paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Place carrots in a single layer in prepared baking dish. Pour oil mixture over carrots; rub to coat on all sides.
- Bake at 450°F for 35 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes. Toast buns in the oven at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Place 1 roasted carrot in each bun. Top with your favorites toppings.