Mary Reilly, Executive Chef at Westfield State University visited the show for National Nacho Day to make dinner nachos!
Shrimp and vegetable nachos
- 1 (12- to 15-ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups cooked vegetables, cut into bite-sized pieces (corn, wilted kale or spinach, zucchini, halved cherry tomatoes – raid the fridge for leftovers!)
- 1 (15½ -ounce) can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- For serving: chopped cilantro, salsa, sour cream, guacamole
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Spread one third of chips onto a large baking sheet. Scatter one third of the shrimp, vegetables, beans and cheese evenly across the chips.
- Spread half the remaining chips across the sheet, and top with half the shrimp, vegetables, beans and cheese.
- Repeat once more, using the remaining ingredients.
- Bake the nachos until the cheese is melted and the vegetables are hot, about 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with whatever garnishes your family enjoys.