(Mass Appeal) – Like a lot of people, the weekends are meant for relaxing. Sitting on your patio or deck enjoying a beverage and some snacks might be right up your alley. However, do you find that sometimes the snacks get boring? Our friend Jessie-Sierra Ross, creator of the blog, “Straight to the Hips, Baby”, is here with advice on creating some simple alfresco snacking options by creating an amazing fresh fruit & vegetable cheese board.
Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Cheese Board
2-3 types of cheese, I like to use a creamy goat cheese, a Spanish manchego, and an aged Irish cheddar
1 pint fresh blueberries
1 quart of strawberries
1-2 large bunches of fresh grapes, I like to use both red & green grapes
1 cup of sugar snap peas
1 cup of grape tomatoes
1/2 cup dried apricots
1 handful of fresh basil
Optional; 2 cups of whole grain crackers or several slices of crusty bread
1) Reserve a large wooden cutting board or platter.
2) Wash & dry your fresh produce and herbs. Reserve.
3) Using 2 small to medium bowls, portion out the blueberries and crackers. Place on your board or platter.
4) Place your cheeses on the board or platter, and feel free to pre-slice some sections too!
5) Next, we will begin to fill in any gaps on the board with your fresh vegetables, fruits, and herbs. You want to think about color & texture! There isn’t a wrong way to create a cheese board!
6) Garnish with fresh flowers and enjoy with your favorite wine or cocktail!