Shawn Sherry with the Paw Street Barkery showed us how to make a Blueberry Bone-anza birthday cake, and a strawberry frozen yogurt!
Blueberry Bone-anza Birthday Cake
Ingredients: 8 oz Quick Oats, 2oz Blueberries, 1 Banana, 4oz water, 4oz Carob Chips, 1oz Canola Oil
Materials: Oven, Baking Sheet, Blender, Measuring Cup, Mixing Bowl, Microwave, Microwavable Bowl, plastic bag
- Rinse blueberries and place into blender, along with banana.
- Add water to the blender and blend for 10 seconds, or until a uniform purée is seen.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal pieces.
- Add two pieces of dough into a single ball and, place onto lower center of baking sheet.
- Round the remaining 3 pieces of dough and then add to the tray, placing each above the original piece in a row touching each other and the original piece. These will create the upper three pads of the paw print.
- Wetting your hands, flatten each ball slightly and connect the junctures between each ball with dough.
- Place cake into oven heated to 375F for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake and allow to cool for 2 hours.
- Into a microwaveable bowl, add carob chips and then pour canola oil over the carob chips.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and then remove and stir mixture.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds and then remove and continue to stir until carob is uniformly melted.
- Scoop a small amount of carob onto the center each of the three outer parts of the paw print and, using spoon, flatten into small circles.
- Snip the corner tip of the plastic bag and add remaining melted carob into bag.
- By squeezing carob out of the snipped corner, write your Birthday message onto the body of the cake.
- Refrigerate up to one week.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Ingredients: 16oz Non-fat yogurt, 4oz Strawberries
Materials: freezer, spoon, fork, measuring cup, mixing bowl, freezer cup with cover
- Into a mixing bowl, slice strawberries into small pieces. Using a fork, press onto strawberry pieces to create a purée.
- Add yogurt to bowl and using the mixing spoon, stir yogurt mixture until uniform.
- Add yogurt mixture into freezer cups.
- Place covers over each cup and place cups into freezer for 5 hours to freeze.
- Store in freezer for up to one month.