On a nice hot day, there’s nothing better than some ice cold frozen yogurt to cool you off, so we’re showing you how to make your refreshing treat pet friendly! Shawn Sherry with the Paw Street Barkery showed us how to make triple berry frozen yogurt and Strawberry Shortcake Woofie Pies!
Triple Berry Frozen Yogurt for Dogs
Ingredients: 16oz Non-fat yogurt, 2oz Blueberries, 2oz blackberries, 4oz Strawberries
Materials: freezer, spoon, fork, measuring cup, mixing bowl, 3 freezer cup with cover
1. Into a mixing bowl, add all fruit. Using fork, mash up fruit to a purée.
2. Add you’re into bowl.
3. Using the mixing spoon, stir yogurt mixture until uniform.
4. Add yogurt mixture into freezer cups.
5. Place covers over each cup and place cups into freezer for 5 hours to freeze.
6. Store in freezer for up to one month.
Strawberry Shortcake Woofie Pies
Ingredients: 8oz Quick Oats, 4oz Strawberries, 6oz Yogurt Chips, 1oz Canola Oil, 4oz Water
Materials: Oven, Baking Sheet, Blender, Measuring Cup, Mixing Bowl, Microwavable Bowl, Sharp Knife, Rolling Pin, Round Cookie Cutter
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
2. Wash and slice strawberries, then add to blender.
3. Add water to blender and blend on high for 10 seconds.
4. Into a mixing bowl, add oats and strawberry purée and mix until a uniform dough is seen.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/2″ thickness.
6. With the round cookie cutter (3-4″ cutter works best) cut out treats and place onto non-greased baking sheet.
7. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes, remove tray from oven, flip treats and return to oven.
8. Bake at 275F for 30 additional minutes.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
10. Into a small microwaveable bowl add yogurt chip and then pour canola oil over chips.
11. Turn on microwave for 30 seconds and then stir the contents of bowl.
12. Place bowl back into microwave and microwave for another 30 seconds.
13. Remove bowl and stir until yogurt is uniformly melted.
14. Scoop a spoonful of yogurt and place onto a treat, smoothing over one side of the treat.
15. Taking a second treat, sandwich in the yogurt and place onto baking sheet.
16. Place tray full of complete treats into the freezer for 5 minutes to allow yogurt to harden.
17. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.