Morgan Laner, from the Center for EcoTechnology, showed us how to create a stained glass effect on an old window.
– Dry-erase marker
– Glue that dries clear
– Food coloring
– Black paint
– Small bowls/cups
– Prepare your space by cleaning the window and putting a layer of newspaper or tarp on the table
– Use the dry-erase marker to draw your design. Referencing an online image can help!
– Dilute the glue with a splash of water, then separate mixture into bowls. In each bowl, mix food coloring to create the desired colors for your stained glass.
– Using a small paintbrush, paint your window with the glue mixture. Let dry completely.
– Create the final stained glass effect by using the black paint to outline each section of ‘glass’ where the dry erase marker lines were.