Ashley Tresoline, owner of Bella Foodie, showed us an easy, healthy grilled chicken with peach and corn salad recipe that you can whip up on a school night.
4 thin sliced chicken breasts
4 ears of sweet corn, cut off the cob
2 cups fresh peaches (about 3 medium peaches), chopped
¼ cup red onion, diced
2 tbs. fresh mint, chopped
1 tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbs. white balsamic vinegar
¼ cup plus one tbs. of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a grill pan to medium high heat. Toss the chicken breasts with 1 tbs. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on the grill pan and cook 3 or 4 minutes each side. While the chicken cooks, cut up the corn, peaches, red onion and herbs.
- In the bottom of a large bowl add the red onion and the 2 tbs. of white balsamic vinegar with a pinch of salt.
- Let the onions sit for at least 5 minutes. After the onions sit add the ¼ cup of olive oil, mint and parsley whisk until combined.
- Mix the peaches and corn with the dressing. Taste to see if it needs more salt and pepper before serving.