CHICOPEE, Mass (Mass Appeal) – Our series on ‘Herbs: A to Z’ continues with herbs that begin with the letter ‘H.’ Carol Joyce is the Owner of White Buffalo Herbs in Warwick, shared more about herbs Hawthorne, Hops, Hibiscus & Heartsease.Herbs that start with “H”
Hawthorne, Hops, Hibiscus & HeartseaseHawthorne Tonic
3 Hawthorne Berries (dried)
1 bottle of favorite wine, opened
1. Put dried berries into open bottle of wine.
2. Cap bottle & let sit overnight to 1 week.
3. Open & pour out a glass (careful not to let berries fall into glass).
4. Drink daily for heart health. Not for children.Hops Bath Harmony
3 Tbsp dried HOPS flowers
2 Tbsp Lavender Flowers
1 Tbsp dried Rose Buds
1 Tbsp Calendula petals
Screw top jar
Cheesecloth square & tieDirections:
1. Mix all herbs together & put in a jar. Cap tightly.
2. Add 1 Tablespoon to a square of cheesecloth & tie tightly closed.
3. Drop bag into bath water & let steep as the tub fills.
4. Enjoy a good relaxing soak in tub…just before bed. You will get sleepy!
5. Remove herb bag when done bathing.Hibiscus Tea
½ teaspoon dried Hibiscus flowers
pinch of lemon or orange peel
tea strainer or ball
1 cup Boiling water
Honey to tasteDirections:
1. Mix together dried herbs & place in tea cup
2. Pour 1 cup boiling water over tea in cup.
3. Steep 5 -10 minutes.
4. Strain out herbs.
5. Add honey to taste
To follow our series on Herbs ‘A to Z’ click here.