CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) You can use herbs for so much more than cooking! Carol Joyce is the Owner of White Buffalo Herbs in Warwick showed us how to use basil in cooking & cosmetics. To follow our series on Herbs, click here.DAMIANA Liquor
- 1 oz dry damiana leaves
- 2 cups brandy
- 1 1/2 cups distilled water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 3 TBS rose water
- 1. Put damiana in a clean canning jar & cover with Brandy. Cap
- 2. Steep 1 week.
- 3. Strain into a clean jar & put left over leaf (marc) into a fresh canning jar.
- 4. Put wet leaves in clean jar & cover with distilled water. Steep 2 days.
- 5. Strain leaf into a stainless saucepan.
- 6. Warm water liquid over very low heat (it’s flammable!)
- 7. Add honey, stirring until well mixed.
- 8. Take off heat & add original brandy extract to the pan.
- 9. Pour into clean ball jar & add vanilla & rose water.
- 10. Put in a cool, dark cupboard & allow to age 2-4 weeks or longer. Tastes better as it ages!
- 1 cup Damiana Liquor
- ½ cup favorite Chocolate fudge sauce.
- extra vanilla to taste.
- ½ cup ice
- Whipped cream
- Shaved Chocolate or cocoa powder (as garnish)
- 1.Mix Liquor with chocolate sauce in a cocktail shaker or clean ball jar with lid.
- 2. When thoroughly mixed, pour into martini glasses
- 3. Add whipped cream & garnish with chocolate or codcoa.
- 4. Share this with a loved one!
Damiana Herbal Oil:
- ¼ cup Damiana leaf (dried & Organic)
- 1.5 cups Organic Olive Oil
- Slow Cooker
- Strainer or cooking grade cheesecloth
- 1.Place dried damiana leaf in olive oil in a slow cooker.
- 2. Heat on low (only) for 2-4 hours.
- 3. Strain & bottle.
- 4. Keep in a cool dark location & use as needed.
- Enjoy as a massage oil that is said to increase happiness.
- Please note that Damiana Essential Oil is different & much more potent than the herbal oil & can also be used (diluted only) to change your mood. It is traditionally used to lift your spirits, make you more cheerful, & enhance your libido.