CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) You can use herbs for so much more than cooking! Carol Joyce is the Owner of White Buffalo Herbs in Warwick showed us how to use nutmeg in cooking & cosmetics.
To follow our series on Herbs, click here.Swedish Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef (or mixture of beef, pork)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup ground pistachios OR bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. NUTMEG
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 chopped onion (optional)
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped (optional)
- Favorite Brown Gravy recipe
- ¼ cup cream
- extra nutmeg to sprinkle on gravy
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan & gently cook meatballs until no more pink shows (or bake in oven)
3. Pour over favorite gravy & het til simmering.
4. Turn off heat & gently stir in cream. Mix well.
5. Sprinkle a small amount of nutmeg over all.
6. Serve over noodles or potatoes.Classic Brandy Alexander
- 1 ounce cream
- 1 ounce cognac
- 1 ounce crème de cacao
- drink glass
1. Mix cream with alcohols.
2. Pour into large rimmed cocktail glass.
3. Sprinkle with nutmeg & serveNUTMEG facial cleanser
- 2 ounces honey
- 1 TBSP baking soda
- 1 drop clove essential oil
- 1 tsp NUTMEG
- 2 drops Lemon
1. Mix honey & baking soda (it will be thick)
2. Add clove oil
3. Add nutmeg (& add lemon juice if it is too thick)
4. Spread on face & wait 5 minutes. (always test a small amount on wrist before using new cosmetics)
5. Rinse with warm water. Avoid eyes.NUTMEG Blemish Control
- ½ tsp Honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon & nutmeg
- ½ tsp lemon juice
1. Mix all together & keep in jar in fridge.
2. When a blemish appears, apply a small amount directly on it. Leave on 2 hrs to overnight.