CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) You can use herbs for so much more than cooking! Carol Joyce is the Owner of White Buffalo Herbs in Warwick showed us how to use paprika in cooking & cosmetics.
To follow our series on Herbs, click here.Hungarian GOULASH
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 sliced onions
- 2 TBSP Sweet paprika
- 2 Tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs chunked stew beef
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp DAILY DASH
- Salt & pepper added at end, to taste Use cannellini beans instead of kidney if preferred
1. Brown onions in oil in large dutch oven. Remove & set aside.
2. Coat beef in paprika, salt & pepper.
3. Brown in dutch oven,
4. Add back in onions & rest of ingredients.
5. Stir until thoroughly mixed & cover.
6. Simmer for 2 hours, checking every 15 minutes to stir & add more water if needed.
Serves 4-6. Serve over hot noodles..Paprika Skin Glow Treatment
- 1 tsp dried paprika
- 1 orange, cut in ½Directions
1 Sprinkle a small amount of paprika on cut side of orange.
2. Test on inside of wrist to be sure skin can handle the strength.
3. Gently rub face with paprika’d orange half. AVOID EYES!
4. Rinse with soap 1st, then& warm water. Pat skin dry.