CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) You can use herbs for so much more than cooking! Carol Joyce is the Owner of White Buffalo Herbs in Warwick showed us how to use Italian Seasonings in cooking & cosmetics.ITALIAN Roasted Potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes (white, red, gold, or sweet)-rinsed in water
- ¼ cup ITALIAN HERB Seasoning Mix
- Salt &Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Daily Dash (optional)
- Organic Olive Oil
- Paper or plastic bag
- Cookie sheet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Peel (if not organic) potatoes & chop into chunks
3. Put in bag with Herb Seasoning & other spices.
4. Shake all together in bag.
5. Pour onto a foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheet-separating the potatoes.
6, Sprinkle Olive Oil over potatoes.
7. Put in pre-heated oven & bake 30-45 minutes until crispy.Herbal Shoe Powder
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup dried ITALIAN Seasoning Herb Mix
- glass jar with lid
- Mixing Bowl
1. Put Ingredients in a mixing bowl & stir together.
2. Cover with towel & let sit for 1-2 hours to absorb the scent.
3. Pour mixture into clean jar & cap.
4. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon into each smelly shoe & shake.
5. Let sit overnight.
6. Empty shoes out in morning & wipe with a clean paper towel.Odor is gone!!!Italian Herb Skin Cleanser
- ½ cup Organic Jojoba or Olive Oil
- 1/10 cup dried ITALIAN Seasoning Herbs Mix
- Clean glass jar with lid
- 1. Put herb mixture in clean jar
- 2. Pour Oil over & fill to top.
- 3.Cap & set in sunny spot outside for 2 weeks.
- 4. Strain & label.
- To use: Pour small amount in hand & smooth over face,
- Gently rub face.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Dry with cotton towel.
- Traditionally used as a cleanser for oily skin & inflammation.
To follow our series on Herbs ‘A to Z’ click here.