Ashley Tresoline, owner of Bella Foodie, taught us how to take our barbecued leftovers from July 4th, and turn them into a BBQ chicken pizza.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 5 tbs. Unsulfured molasses
- 1 tbs. yellow mustard
- 1 tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. Smoked paprika or regular paprika
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- Pinch Salt
- 1/3 cup strong coffee
- Simmer on Low for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 Pizza Dough, homemade or store bought
- 2/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Grilled Chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- ½ Red Onion, chopped thinly
- Optional: Garnish with cilantro or chopped bacon bits
- Preheat the oven to 400ᵒ and spray a baking sheet or pizza pan with cooking spray. If using store bought dough follow the package directions for temperature and cooking instructions.
- Spread out the dough on the prepared pan to the shape you want. In a small bowl toss the chopped grilled chicken with 2 tbs. of the bbq sauce, set aside.
- Spread the rest of the sauce on to the pizza dough. Add the prepared chicken, red onion and top with the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake the pizza for about 20-22 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Garnish with cilantro and bacon if using.