Chef Mike Harrison from Seasons Restaurant at Buckley Healthcare Center tells us how to make Korean Rice Bowls with mixed vegetables.
To learn more about Buckley Healthcare Center and the good work that they do, visit them online at www.BuckleyHealthcare.com. You can also call them at (413) 774-3143.
Korean Rice with Mixed Veggies
1 cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
4 tablespoons Sriracha
1 bunch spinach, sliced
1 tsp olive oil
2 carrots, sliced into matchsticks
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pinch chili flakes
Thinly sliced sirloin steak
4 large eggs
Cooked white rice
4 tsp toasted sesame oil, divided
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp sriracha, divided
1. Mix cucumber pieces with about 4 tbs sriracha paste in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Bring water to a boil in a large non-stick pan and stip in spinach; cook until spinach is bright green and wilted, 2-3 minutes. Drain spinach and squeeze out water. Set aside in a bowl and stir soy sauce into spinach.
3. Heat 1tsp olive oil in large non-stick pan and cook carrots until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 1 more minute. Stir in cucumber pieces with sriracha paste; sprinkle with chili flakes and set aside.
4. Cook steak slices in a clean non-stick pan over medium heat, 5-7 minutes and set aside. In another nonstick pan, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium low heat and fry the eggs just on one side until yolks are runny but whites are firm, 2-4 minutes each.
5. To assemble dish, divide cooked rice into 4 large serving bowls. Top with spinach mixture, a few pieces of steak, and cucumber mixture. Place 1 egg on top of each serving. Drizzle each bowl with 1 tsp of sesame oil, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a small amount of sriracha paste if desired.