CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) It’s two delicious dishes that are sure to make your summer! Cindy Barbieri from CindysTable.com showed us how to make Quinoa and Kale Meatballs with Paleo Pasta Salad with Avocado Oil Vinaigrette.
All dishes courtesy of Cindy’s Table. Click here for the recipes.
Quinoa and Kale Meatballs
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 yellow onion (medium onion)
- 1 jalapenõ pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil and/or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus extra
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal or your favorite breadcrumbs
- Cook quinoa by following the package directions. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add onion, pepper and garlic to your mini chopper and grind until finely chopped.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot add in about 1 tablespoon of oil. Then toss in the chopped onion, pepper and garlic mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for about 3 minutes. Add in kale and let cook for about 5-7 minutes; until it wilts. Add in basil and toss around. Remove from heat and add into the quinoa bowl. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the mixture is cooled whisk in the eggs and combine in the almond meal/breadcrumbs. Form your meatballs using a small ice cream scoop.
- After you form all the meatballs drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil then bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Paleo Pasta Salad with Avocado Oil Vinaigrette
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed and julienne-sliced
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 breast chicken, from rotisserie
- 1 ripe, avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Avocado Oil Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare Avocado Oil Vinaigrette up to 24 hours before serving; refrigerate.
- Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place halves cut-side down in a large saucepan; add water to a depth of 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer squash 20 minutes.
- Drain and cool squash. With a fork, pull off spaghetti-like stands of the squash and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add remainder of ingredients and toss with the spaghetti squash
- Top with vinaigrette before serving