Buckley HealthCare Center provides a full range of extended health care services designed to maximize the well-being and independence of their patients, and they also have a delicious restaurant for both residents and visitors! Buckley Healthcare Center’s Seasons Restaurant Head Chef Mike Harrison showed us how to make Spicy Coconut Chicken Stew.Buckley Healthcare Center
95 Laurel Street
Call (413) 774-3143 or visit BuckleyHealthcare.comSpicy Coconut Chicken Stew with CornIngredients:
2 TBSP Canola Oil
3 Shallots, thinly sliced
2 Fresh Thai Chiles, Thinly sliced
One 15-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
½ cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
¼ cup fresh lime juice
1 pound shredded rotisserie chicken (4 cups)
1 ½ cups fresh corn kernels (from 2-3 ears)
3 Cups Spinach Leaves
1 cup basil leaves, plus more for servingDirections:
1. In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil.
2. Add the shallots and chiles and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk, stock, and lime juice and bring just to a simmer.
4. Season the broth generously with salt and pepper.
5. Stir in the chicken and corn and cook until hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach and simmer until wilted, then stir in the 1 cup of basil.
7. Transfer to shallow bowls, garnish with basil and serve.
Promotional consideration provided by: Buckley Healthcare Center