Seasons Restaurant Head Chef Mike Harrison from Buckley Healthcare Center, now making some teriyaki chicken rice bowls.
Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 3 tbl of teriyaki sauce
– 2 tbl of peanut oil
– 4 cups baby spinach
– 8 ounces of sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
– 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
– 1 10-ounce container yellow and or red cocktail tomatoes, quartered
– 4 scallions, thinly sliced
– ½ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
– 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken (skin removed)
– ½ cup salted roasted cashews, roughly chopped
– Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
– 2 cups brown rice
1.) Whisk the teriyaki sauce, peanut oil, and ¼ cup of water in a large bowl until smooth. Add garlic and peanut oil mixture into to a large sauté pan or wok add chicken and cook for seven minutes on medium heat.
2.) Add the spinach, snap peas, bell pepper, tomatoes, scallions, basil and cashews. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
3.) Cook off rice, if its precooked just re heat in microwave.