Evita Wilbur from Pulse Cafe shows us how to make a delicious pot of vegan corn chowder. She also shares a recipe for Chia Pudding.
VEGAN CORN CHOWDER
YIELD: ≈8 servings
6 cups water
7 medium size yukon potatoes
4 cubes Rapunzel Vegan Vegetable Bouillon with sea salt & herbs
1 cup chopped celery
3 cloves garlic
½ red pepper chopped (optional)
6 cups Fresh or frozen organic sweet corn (thawed)
2 cups plain soymilk
⅓ cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 cup raw cashews
1. In pot bring water and bouillon to boil.
2. Add in celery, onion and potatoes.
3. Turn heat off when potatoes are fully cooked (not too mushy). Be sure that there is barely enough broth to cover potatoes. Too much broth will result in watery chowder.
4. When potatoes are fully cooked, add in remaining corn.
5. Meanwhile, place the following into blender: soymilk, cashews, yeast flakes, garlic and 2 cups of fresh or thawed corn. Blend well until creamy.
6. Add blended mixture into pot along with red peppers. Cook for additional 10 minutes and salt to taste.
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
2 T sweetener of choice
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup water
2 T lemon juice
3 T sweetener
1. To a mixing bowl add coconut milk , chia seeds, sweetener, salt, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours). The chia pudding should be thick and creamy.
3. Layer with compote or fresh fruit! Will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.