Morgan Laner, from the Center for EcoTechnology, showed us a quick project that uses your thumbs as a brush to decorate salvaged wood.
Thin permanent markers
Extra decorations (optional)
1. (Optional) Paint a base coat onto wood so thumbprints stand out.
2. Recruit thumb volunteers! Including your animals if you have non-toxic paint.
3. Put drops of paint onto a paper plate.
4. Dip thumbs in various paint colors, and then press thumbs onto wood.
5. Using your imagination, press thumbs into display.
6. Let dry.
7. Once dried, use permanent markers to turn thumbprints into different designs. For example, animals, balloons, flowers etc.