Toytopia at the Springfield Museums is fun for visitors of all ages with beautiful, compelling and educational displays. Photo opportunities include a Monopoly car token big enough to sit in and an 8′ high Etch-A-Sketch, the world’s largest.
Art Curator Maggie North and History Curator Maggie Humberston told us more about this interactive exhibit.
For more information, visit SpringfieldMuseums.org
Get ready for BIG play, BIG toys, and BIG fun! This immersive special exhibition is sure to rekindle the wonder and delight of your favorite childhood moments. It is also a warm indoor place where children and families can play all day in a world of big toys:
- The World’s Largest Etch A Sketch – It’s almost 8 feet tall!
- Retro Arcade Area, with working classic games
- A life-size Doll House, with engaging play areas
- Life-Size Monopoly Car and game board – Visitors can sit inside for a unique photo opportunity
- LEGO® Play Area/LEGO Wall
- LEGO Train layout, a fanciful working electric train layout runs through an inventive LEGO landscape
- Our Signature Jack in The Box explores the science of toys, from Furby® to radiometers, plus magnetic interactive play walls
- Schylling Tin Toys – See how tin toys are created out of simple sheets of tin
- Keva Planks, Lincoln Logs and Brain Teasers play areas
Sponsored by Lyman and Leslie Wood, Samuel Hanmer, and Kay and John Simpson
Toytopia® was created by Stage Nine Design and is distributed by Exhibits Development Group.