ATLANTA (AP) — Police say a boy found a gun in a dressing room at an Atlanta mall and it fired when the mother pulled the trigger to see if it was real.
News outlets report the mother and son were inside a dressing room at the Adidas store in Lenox Square on Wednesday when the 10-year-old boy found what he thought was a toy gun under a bench. Atlanta police spokeswoman Stephanie Brown says the mother took the gun from the boy and pulled the trigger "to see if it was real." A single shot was fired.
Brown says there were no injuries. There was minimal damage to the wall.
No charges have been filed and the case remains under investigation.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- West Springfield police, fire department wives compete in celebrity bartending competition
- Springfield, Holyoke basketball players go head to head at all-star game
- Manhole explosion left some Indian Orchard residents without power
- Child porn suspect wanted by State, Northampton, Federal authorities captured in NJ
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Worst date ever?
- Man dies from bacterial infection after eating bad oyster
- 'Brady Bunch' house for sale for nearly $1.9M
- If DNA shows health risks, most want to know