Firefighters put out porch fire on Dartmouth St. in Springfield

News

SPRINGFIELD, Mass (WWLP) – Firefighters put out a porch fire in the McKnight neighborhood of Springfield.

Springfield Fire Department spokesman, Dennis Leger, told 22News the fire was on the 2nd floor of an apartment on 24 Dartmouth Street.

He said firefighters put out the fire quickly and no one was injured. Leger said the fire caused under $5,000 in damage and residents will be able to continue living in the homes.

The Springfield arson and bomb squad said the cause of the fire was improper disposal of smoking materials.

This is a developing story, 22News will provide updates as they become available.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

Trending Stories

Donate Today