(WWLP) – It may be hard to believe for some of our younger viewers, but – the TSA didn’t even exist before 9/11.
Passengers used to be able to just check in at a counter, then board their plane.
The TSA was created back in November of 2001 — since then, they’ve implemented several security measures. That includes having passengers take off their shoes, removing laptops from bags, and limiting carry-on liquids.
The latest change will start next October.
That’s when passengers will need a passport, or a REAL ID, to board a plane. The new measure is meant to ensure passengers, have met federal security standards.
- Ludlow Police Dept. chief retires after 38 years
- Occupants escape burning car on I-90 westbound in Sturbridge
- Red Sox Winter Weekend in Springfield kicks off with Fan Fest at Mass Mutual Center
- Local high school girls basketball teams shine at Hoophall Classic in Springfield
- Staying warm in bitter-cold temperatures during Red Sox Winter Weekend