GREENFIELD, Mass. (AP Modified/WWLP) — A man from Vermont died at the Franklin County correctional house over the weekend.
The Northwestern District Attorney’s Office says the 35-year-old Jamaica, Vermont man was found unresponsive in his cell at the Franklin County jail in Greenfield last Saturday afternoon.
He was taken to Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield where he died. His name hasn’t been released.
Authorities say he had been arrested by Massachusetts State Police on drug-related charges earlier in the day.
“One of our officers went in and found an inmate who was unresponsive and we immediately alerted our medical personnel who summoned an ambulance. He was taken to Baystate Franklin Medical Center where he died.”-Franklin County Sherrif, Christopher Donelan
The state medical examiner will determine the cause of death.
State police assigned to the district attorney’s office as well as the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office are investigating.
- Justin Timberlake gives wheelchair accessible van to family of teen with cerebral palsy
- Trump’s weakening of century-old bird preservation act worries South Texas environmentalists
- President Trump vows defense bill veto unless internet liability shield scrapped
- Family on way to Christmas Tree Lane struck by train, child killed
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses