HAMDEN, Conn. (WTNH) – Security will be increased at Eli Whitney Technical High School after State Police arrested two students, who allegedly made threats against the school, sending the school into lockdown two days in a row.

State Police Sgt. Dawn Pagan said they received information Monday from a parent who contacted Troop I to report a threatening social media post. The school resource officer and Central District Major Crimes Detectives investigated and a 14-year-old boy was arrested in connection with this incident.

He was charged with threatening in the first degree, breach of peace in the second degree, and intimidation based on bigotry and bias in the third degree, according to state police.

Pagan said the Monday incident was associated with bullying.

On Tuesday, a second, separate threat was received, that state police said students reported to the principal of the school. Police launched an investigation into this threat as well, and an arrest of a second student was made. Pagan said this 14-year-old boy was charged with threatening in the first degree and breach of peace in the second degree.

Both teens are due to appear in juvenile court Wednesday morning.

All posts were found to be sent as a hoax. Sgt. Pagan said there is a social media trend going around where juveniles are being urged to make these kinds of posts to create a situation where they get dismissed from school.

Dr. Ellen Solek, interim superintendent of CTECS, said the school will be following up with disciplinary action with the students arrested and any additional students determined to be involved with these threats.

Solek said the students face a maximum suspension of 10 days with the possibility of expulsion in the future.

“The CT State Police, including Major Crimes Detectives, are currently following up on multiple investigative leads related to potential hoax school threats. Forthcoming arrests are highly likely,” Brian Foley, spokesperson for the Department of Emergency Services and Management, wrote in a statement.