Two men are facing charges following a report of shots fired in Springfield Wednesday.
Springfield Police Department spokesman Ryan Walsh told 22News the incident happened on Kenyon Street at around 3:00 p.m. No one was hit, but police began searching the area for suspects in a dark colored SUV.
Walsh said 21-year-old Eric Wilson and 25-year-old Todd Hankins were arrested shortly after on Bay Street. Both men have been charged with:
• Attempt to commit an A&B by discharging a firearm
• Malicious damage to a motor vehicle
• Discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building
• Possession of ammo without a FID card
• Receiving a stolen motor vehicle
• Possession a Firearm without a LTC
The SUV was located on Cambridge Street. Walsh said the vehicle was reported stolen, and that officers found shell casings inside.